USE, MAINTENANCE AND WARRANTY
The e-bike is a bicycle with electric assistance for pedaling. It is not a motorbike. The e-bike is composed of electronic parts (batteries, engine block, control unit, throttle and accessories) therefore it should always be shelter in dry places and, in case it is used in adverse atmospheric conditions, the electronic parts must be protected from the rain. In order to avoid condensation phenomena, the display and the electronic control unit (if external) must be covered with insulating material if the e-bike is placed in humid spots.
In particular, the batteries must be carefully protected from rain in order to avoid water infiltrations and the connector must always be examined to avoid short-circuits.
Before using the e-bike it is recommended to always wear a helmet and protective clothing. SPINEBIKE is not liable for damages deriving from the improper use of the purchased products. The COSTUMER who is purchasing the products from this website, declares to understand and to accept to be bounded by all the terms established in this document.
The user is responsible of respecting the regulation in force in his own Country concerning the use of any product purchased on this website.
The buyer declares that the ordered products will be used in compliance with the regulation in force in his own Country.
The buyer, by purchasing the product, declares to assume the risk of direct damages to people of things deriving from the use or manipulation of this product.
For the free circulation on the road, the Italian regulation foresees a motorization which is not exceeding 250 watt and a propulsion through the assisted pedaling not exceeding 25 km/h.
How to use this product and maintenance of the e-bike
The rider must be able to use a bike, meaning the basic knowledge concerning its use and to have the sense of balance necessary to ride and control a bike. He should be able to safely get on and off it and to touch the ground with the feet.
If the rider wishes to ride the bike on public streets he must be able to circulate in the road traffic. Before using the e-bike the rider must:
Check that the e-bike is suitable for the use;
- Not overweigh the e-bike or transport objects that can obstruct the movement of the wheels;
- Not drink alcoholic beverages;
- Check the accurate fixing of all its parts;
- Check the pressure of the tyres;
Verify the presence of external damagers, cracks, cuts or wears in the tyres. If present, take the e-bike to the closest repair center;
Check that the tyre is in its original state.
- If irregularities are present, turn to the closest repair centre;
- Make sure that the handlebar is correctly assembled.
It is not allowed for people under the age of 16 to use the e-bike. If the minor has an age between 16 and 18 year old, he can use the e-bike only in presence of an adult.
All the offered products are intended only for only one rider; it is not allowed to transport two people.
In the event of pregnancy or if there are health issues, please consult a doctor before using any of our products.
Use of the throttle
The handle or lever throttle is allowed only until a 6,00 km/h aid, any other use is not allowed by the regulation in force and SPINEBIKE is not liable for the irregular use of the throttle. The use of it can seriously damage both the engine and the control unit since all the assisted pedaling kits are projected to assist the rider who, with his pedaling and his strength, facilitate the weight he is supporting.
Correct use of the assisted pedaling levels
While using the e-bike it is recommended to be careful during uphill riding, to use the correct level of assisted pedaling and the right gear to facilitate as much as possible the load on the engine which, if undergoing a too onerous usage, can be seriously damaged.
It is also recommended, in the event of inaccessible uphill roads, extended as well, to check the temperature of the engine block and of the electric unit (if external) in order to avoid potential overheating.
The warranty is valid from the date, proven by a valid fiscal document (fiscal receipt or purchase invoice) for the period established by law in force (Legislative Decree 2/02/02 n. 24 implementing the European Directive 1099/44/CE) corresponding to 24 months, in case of purchase with fiscal receipt, or 12 months in case of purchase with fiscal invoice.
The warranty does not cover the natural wear, scratches, abrasions or damages of the external side of the product. In particular, it does not cover damages caused by:
- Improper use of the electronic parts (feeding the engine with a current which is not allowed, feeding the control units with non-allowed electrical voltage, use of the battery for a different scope, charge the battery with a cable different from the one provided, use a battery different from the one provided with the e-bike);
- Improper use of the e-bike and against the regulation of the road traffic;
- Falls or crushes, also accidental, suffered by the product;
- Shelter in inadequate places (extreme temperature or high humidity, actions of atmospheric events);
- Modifications of the central unit, electric connections not adequately isolated and protected from water;
- Use of the throttle at the expenses of the assisted pedaling that causes an excessive overheating of the control unit and of the engine kit;
- excessive overheat of the charger determined by a prolonged connection to voltage;
- damages of the charger or of its connector or of the battery caused by an incorrect input of the connector during the recharging.
The warranty does not cover damages caused by the unsuccessful check and assessment of the mechanical parts, which can suffer wear, and for this reason the buyer is committed to:
- always verify the correct functioning of equipment such as the handle, breaks, transmission-gear, tyres, butterfly valve and all the fixing devices;
- often verify the correct tension of spoke, their tilt and symmetry, furthermore must be verified the nipless tension, the correct fixing of the disc break, if present;
- protect the throttle and the display from rain, cover them with insulating material if the bike is left in humid places in order to avoid the humidity phenomena inside the display;
- always check the tightening of the freehub in order to avoid accidental escapement of the wheel form the fork;
- protect, if existent, the control unit and the cables from atmospheric agents in order to avoid false contacts and oxidations;
- SPINEBIKE is not liable for potential damages caused by wire, spokes, fixings and tightening loosening, which could occur while using the e-bike.
The use produces vibrations that cause, in proportion to the strength applied, the loosening of all mechanical parts of the e-bike for this reason, before riding the e-bike, is mandatory to check the proper functioning of all the mechanical parts such as the handle, breaks, transmission gears, tyers and all the fixing devices.
It is a responsibility of the COSTUMER:
- to always verify the correct tightening of all the e-bike’s parts;
- to perform all the necessary repairs and the maintenance before using the e-bike;
- to wear approved safety cloths: helmet, glasses, arm and leg protections, gloves and acoustic protections;
- to keep hands, other parts of the body and potential foreign object from the moving parts such as the e-bike chain and spindle;
- not to wear cloths or objects that could be tangled up in the e-bike;
- to always check the correct spoke tension.